LG Electronics is a South Korean multinational electronics company famed for its extensive lineup of home and kitchen appliances — from televisions to refrigerators and all the way to aircon units.
As a global brand, it has amassed a huge following in the form of loyal customers and patrons. These individuals have openly expressed admiration for the brand’s cutting-edge technology, luxurious textures and sleek designs. It’s no wonder then that when it comes to aircon units, LG aircon is a name to watch out for in Singapore among other major aircon brands.
In this LG aircon review, we’ll take you through the different pros and cons of owning an LG aircon — from main features to watch out for down to potential red flags you might want to avoid.
Pros and Cons
Before we dive into the brand's different air conditioner features, let’s first talk about the pros and cons that you will need to consider before even buying one.
LG aircon offers the latest in aircon technology, making it one of the popular brands in the market to have the latest features equipped in their lineup of products. From antibacterial filters to advanced ioniser technology, LG aircon buyers can always expect only the best.
LG aircon units are extremely reliable in performance and are built to withstand a long period of time. This is why the brand is preferred by a lot of homes, offices and different establishments in Singapore to cool their spaces.
Due to its air conditioning popularity, majority of LG aircon units can be serviced by different aircon repair companies and technicians. What’s more impressive is that the brand offers buyers with premium warranty service for every air conditioner product purchased. Simply put, you can always count on having your LG aircon fixed or repaired, whether it be through the brand’s own service centers or authorized centers.
If you’re thinking of buying an LG aircon, here’s a few cons to think of before making that big air con purchase:
Limited Aircon Unit Options
Compared to other manufacturers of air conditioners, air con buyers can expect a less than extensive lineup or aircons from LG Electronics.
Price Range Is A Bit Expensive
While LG aircon units are generally more affordable compared to other top brands, some people still find the brand’s lineup of aircon products to be a bit expensive. But this is not by any means without its reasons; the air conditioning brand after all provides top-notch aircon design and technology for all of its aircon products.
LG Split System Aircon
Loaded with innovative features such as Plasmaster Ioniser Plus and ARTCOOL changeable panels, LG aircon’s split-system aircon units are highly recommended for cooling single rooms or spaces.
The series is equipped with Active Energy Control, a feature known to improve energy efficiency and reduce the total machine power consumption. Other important features also include the Micro Dust Filter, a technology that traps dirty particles and ensures you cool and clean air.
Apart from these features, most of the units from this series also boasts Wi-Fi connectivity. Called the ‘Smart Control’, this allows owners to control their units via smartphones. This is the perfect technology for users who are always on the go and want to come home to a cool and well-ventilated space at the end of the day.
LG aircon’s split systems also come in different sizes and room capacity power types, so you can definitely find the ideal one for your room or even office. For example, the 2.5kw is already considered large enough for a single bedroom or a single study room, while the 8kw would be enough for the living room or even an entire studio unit.
LG Multi-Split System Aircon
LG’s powerful lineup of multi-split system air conditioners can cool a large amount of space — from multiple rooms to one entire floor. You can choose from standard wall-mounted units, ceiling cassette units or even concealed ducted cooling types.
When it comes to wattages and capacities, the entire series leaves a lot of room for the space’s requirements, making it flexible to accommodate pretty much any space.
The series is also equipped with features like the ‘Night Quiet’ function, which is designed to reduce and lower the noise level to whisper-quiet levels at nighttime. On the other hand, the ‘wide louver’ fin can increase the ability of the air conditioner unit to withstand heat and optimizes its performance to deliver more results through quick-response operation.
LG Cassette Aircon
LG’s cassette aircon series boasts an entire lineup of incredible technologies and features that make it a powerful cooling companion to any commercial space. Here are some of the features:
- Efficient turbo fan – LG’s highly energy efficient turbo fan makes the machine perform faster and emit low indoor noise.
- Interconnected group controls – Different cassette units have great connectivity controls that allow any user to control it from any source in a space. This is a highly energy efficient feature that saves time and effort.
- Anti-corrosive coating – Different types of corrosion due to pollution and harmful substances are greatly reduced due to the machine’s coating.
- Easily adjustable vanes – Greater air cooling and flow can be achieved because of the series’ easily adjustable vanes.
LG Window Aircon
LG’s window air conditioners are a favorite among a large group of Singaporean homeowners and small business owners. This aircon type is capable of providing cool and efficient air without the incredibly hefty price tag.
Here are a couple of features that make LG aircon units a popular favorite:
- 4-way air deflection – This powerful 4-way swing function allows the unit to continuously blow cool and clean air quickly and efficiently in 4 different directions.
- Better airflow control – Users can adjust the level or amount of airflow coming out of the window aircon for better comfort and customized cooling.
- Slide out chassis –LG’s window aircon units no longer require you to remove them from the window or wall. This slide out chassis is a quick and easy way to install and remove the unit.
- Anti-bacterial filter – This powerful feature removes dead and dirty particles before it even makes way to you, making the air you breathe extra cool and clean.
- Anti-Rust Gold Fin Air Filter –The anti-rust gold fin air filter in the window air conditioners prevents the occurrence of rusting and other corrosion reactions, resulting in longer shelf life for the unit and giving you more savings to come.
Without a doubt, LG aircon is a reliable and popular aircon brand among home and office owners in Singapore. Because of its competitive price point and emphasis on state-of-the-art aircon technology, users and buyers can not only expect the most bang for their back, but a prolonged aircon lifespan experience as well.