Panasonic air conditioners are known for their high-quality performance and durability, but even the best AC units can experience a few problems down the line, even when they’re brand new and recently bought. Faulty and defective products are incredibly common and can happen for a wide range of reasons, but trustworthy and reputable manufacturers like Panasonic offer warranty schemes to address these at no additional cost.
What is Panasonic’s Warranty Scheme?
Panasonic offers 90 90-day warranty for consumer electronic products, such as air conditioners, that are not used for professional or commercial purposes. However, compressors for air conditioners (above 5HP) have an extended warranty of 24 months from the purchase date, while compressors for air conditioners (5HP and below) have a warranty of 60 months from the purchase date.
Under this scheme, the customer will be able to avail of Panasonic’s services with no charges applicable, even for repeat repairs, and customers will be able to return the product if it fails to work again for the same reason. Keep in mind that this doesn’t apply to any additional part change, which will be chargeable.
To be qualified for this warranty scheme, the customer should either have a receipt or proof of purchase that the unit was bought from Panasonic’s authorized dealers and distributors and/or an original Warranty Card.
What Does Panasonic’s Warranty Scheme Cover?
Panasonic’s warranty scheme covers air conditioners that are used under the operating instructions, with all of the services or repairs being carried out onsite.
The warranty shall be void, regardless of whether the unit still fits within the warranty period, for any of the following reasons:
- Any part of the unit has been removed, altered, tampered with, adjusted, modified, dismantled, repaired, or handled by unauthorized individuals
- The unit’s serial number has been altered, defaced, or removed
Panasonic has also specified that its decision to any complaints or allegations of defects will be considered final and conclusive.
The brand also reserves the right and discretion to choose between the following outcomes:
- Any defective part will be repaired or replaced with new, reconditioned, or refurbished equivalents
- Refund the purchase—whether partially or in full—as a full discharge of the brand’s liabilities
This warranty scheme does not include:
- Special, indirect, or consequential damages
- Consumable items and accessories (e.g. cables and cords, remote controls, adaptors, external parts and extruded parts such as cabinets, front glass panel, casing, cover, frame lid and levers, plugs, socket, control knobs and buttons, filters and dust bags, and inner pan)
- Damage and/or defects caused by accidents, natural disasters, misuse, mishandling (e.g. scratches, dents, drops, etc.), improper installation, or any form of tampering
- Damage or defects due to improper usage of electrical supply or voltage
- Normal wear and tear, corrosion, fungus, rush or stains
- Noise, taste, and odor deemed by Panasonic to have been caused by the surrounding environment
- Services such as cleaning, maintenance, general service, and overhaul
How to Register for Panasonic’s Warranty Scheme?
Step 1: Visit https://onlinewarranty.panasonic.com.sg/PSYTnC.aspx?mode=0. Read the terms and conditions thoroughly before clicking Agree.
Step 2: Returning users can simply log in to their credentials before signing in. New users should create a new account and input their details (e.g. first and last name, email address). New users will then receive an email that will allow them to set a password.
Step 3: Once you’ve logged into your account, click on the arrow beside E-Warranty. Then, click New Registration, which will open up a warranty registration application form.
Step 4: Select AIR CONDITIONERS as the product category before inputting the following information:
- Model number
- Serial number
- Purchase date
- Place of purchase
- Proof of purchase
Step 5: If you’ve purchased more than one product, click Add Product and repeat the previous step as many times as needed.
Step 6: Press the Submit button.
It’s worth noting that any updating or correction to be made to your personal information may incur an administrative fee.
It’s hard to stay calm and relaxed when your brand-new Panasonic air conditioner doesn’t function properly, but there’s no reason to worry because the brand has a great warranty scheme that you can avail of. By simply registering your product as soon as you’ve made your purchase, you’ll be able to resolve your cooling issues in no time.