When you live in Singapore, an air conditioner plays an essential role in your everyday life. The hot and humid weather in Singapore makes an air conditioner a top priority on your shopping list.
Whether you live at home or work in the office, you will need an air conditioning unit to cool down the temperatures. It will allow you to work comfortably or rest and enjoy the cool breeze indoors away from the hot weather outside. It's also important to keep your aircons at optimal functionality and efficiency, hence why many Singaporeans are availing aircon services for maintenances and repairs.
With such high importance of air conditioners, most people are likely to choose anything that they come across without considering significant factors like the brand, functionality, and cost. This article will provide a buying guide to everyone who wants to buy an air conditioning unit in Singapore and save some coins.
Types of Air Conditioners
Before you decide where to buy air conditioners in Singapore, you also have to know the type of aircon you want. Here are some of the standard air conditioner units to help you decide on the best for you.
You also need to know different types will sell at different prices depending on where you buy them. At the same time, you should not concentrate on saving money without considering the quality of your air conditioning unit.
- Case or Window Aircon - Casement air conditioners are single separate units that are also compact, making them very common in homes. They occupy minimal space and although they are not expensive to install, cleaning and repairing them is costly. They are located outside the window and connected via the window by a bracelet. They make the house not aesthetically pleasing.
- Split Air Conditioner - Split air conditioners are multi-split with a streamlined style that makes them most preferred in many modern homes. The compressor is placed outside the house, but the corresponding fan coils are placed indoors. This type of air conditioner can also be used as an air purifier and ionizer and is energy-efficient.
- Central Air Conditioner - Central air conditioners are suitable for cooling big spaces, and they are common in bungalow homes and restaurants or offices. The cooling system is concealed in the ceiling, making the house aesthetically pleasing.
- Portable Air Conditioners - A portable air conditioner is one of the cheapest cooling units, and you can move with them from one location to another. One good thing about this unit is that it is energy efficient and very appropriate when you are cooling a small space. Once you know the kind of air conditioner you want, the next thing is to look for them either in the local stores or online. Most people prefer online shopping for several reasons, including convenience.
Aircon Online Stores
When you choose to buy from online stores, Gain City, Courts, Best Denki, or Harvey Norman are common ones. These are some of the most popular and trustworthy online stores in Singapore.
Most of them have instalment deals that allow you to pay in instalments without a credit card. Your shopping for an aircon can be very manageable even when you are operating under a tight budget.
Best Denki offers some of the most affordable air conditioning units from various brands. They have the Panasonic system 3, Europace Tricon, Daikin system 4 Euro pace portable aircon being some reliable companies. One of the best things about this store is that they offer various payment options, including Visa cards and master cards.
Some of the services offered at BEST Denki to the customers are as follows:
- Standard Installation
- Skidding window is provided free of charge with basic standard installation
- Push type windows have given at an affordable price between $80 and $100
- Good customer service with the installation team calling clients to schedule installation dates
- Actual quotation advised on the site and installation charges paid to the installer
When you are ordering your air conditioning unit from this site, you get coupons, discounts, and much more. You can choose to visit the physical stores or call your teams on their website.
This store offers various air conditioners, including single split, system 2, system 3, and system 4 and above.
When you choose to buy your air conditioning system at COURTS, you are sure to get the brand of your choice with the lowest price guaranteed. The store has been in the market serving Singapore for the last 46 years. Choosing this store is choosing experience, and you also enjoy the following services:
- Express delivery and installation by BCA certified Air-con specialist
- Enjoy the most extensive range of Top Aircon Brands under one roof
- You also enjoy a free 5-years air conditioning protection plan
- Affordable payment options
One of the most remarkable things about this store is that you stand to get $40 Cashback with every $400 spent which is a very attractive offer. It is an affordable store that offers a variety of home appliances as well.
Before you release your payment, you should be happy with the air conditioning unit you are buying. You also stand to enjoy 24/7 air conditioning servicing without paying more for after-hours service. The experts also offer you an installation and repair warranty on all your air-con units.
The mega discount store is another fantastic place to buy your air conditioning units. The store offers some of the most affordable heating and cooling units in the market and you also enjoy a wide range of options. Buying from this store provides you with free delivery for any purchase above $300, a 7-day exchange, and secured checkout.
The store offers almost all types of air conditioning units with a wide range of aircon brands to choose the best for you. They also boast of providing the lowest prices on all types of aircon. The good thing about this store is that it offers other household appliances as well.
Getting the Most Out of Your Aircon
When you are looking for the best air conditioning unit for you, it will be good to consider the quality more than the price. The best store is always the one that will offer you quality units at an affordable price.
However, if you’re on the hunt for the latest advice and tips in aircon maintenance and repair, head on to our content hub for more helpful information.
Got an old or used aircon that you are planning to dispose? Why not sell it instead? Check our guide on how to sell your aircon in Singapore.